Foiling Adhesive ShapesPosted on Sep 6, 2023 11:00:00 AM by Samantha Taylor
Add foil to the New Adhesive Shapes to create a metallic shaped embellishment. Adding foil at home helps you customize a star or heart shaped embellishment in any color to match whatever project you have dreamed up. Adhesive Shapes will stick to paper, wood, metal, painted surfaces, and cork, so your imagination is the only limit!
MADE BY: SAMANTHA TAYLOR | TIME: 5-10 MINUTES
LEVEL: BEGINNER | N/A Size
- Glue Dots® Adhesive Shapes (Stars were used for this project)
- Heat Transfer Foil (popular brands include iCraft DecoFoil, We R Heatwave Foil, and Heidi Swapp Minc Foil)
- Optional: Spatula
- Peel the liner off the Adhesive Star.
- Stick the star to your project.
- Use scissors to cut the heat transfer foil down to a small, easily held piece
- Place the foil, wrong side down (usually the dull, silver toned side) onto the Adhesive Star
- Rub your finger or a spatula gently over the Adhesive Star. Remove the foil piece. The foil will now have transferred to the Adhesive Star.
Any brand and color of heat transfer foil should work. I tested the 3 brands listed above in multiple colors, and they all worked equally well.
Foiling works best when the Adhesive Shape is already in its final spot on the project. Trying to foil the Adhesive Star or Heart while on the liner leads to distortion of the shape when transferring it to the finished project.
Share This Post
My name is Samantha Taylor and I have a passion for combining crafting and creativity to beautify life. I live in a small town in rural Iowa with my husband and 2 boys (all 3 of whom you’ll see featured in my projects). I’m a paper crafting fanatic who also loves photography. I enjoy making lay outs, cards, mini albums and home decor items, party decorations, and crafting with my kids. My favorite thing about crafting is getting to connect with so many people all over the world who also love creating pretty things and preserving memories. You can find more from me at www.taylorstamped.blogspot.com. I am so excited to share with you my love for the many uses of Glue Dots®!