Holidays are just around the corner, which means it’s the perfect time to start thinking about what cards you might want to send out! This cute ‘Let It Snow’ card comes together with just a few die cuts, inks, and a mix of Glue Dots®. It’s a simple design that could easily be sent to all your friends come Christmas time!
MADE BY: AMANDA TIBBITTS | TIME: 30 MINUTES
LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE | SIZE: A2 CARD
- Glue Dots® Pop-Up Dots
- Glue Dots® Micro Dots
- Glue Dots® Permanent GlueTape
- Cuttlebug or other manual die cut machine and plates
- Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
- Craft Mat
- Paper Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Broken China Distress Oxide Ink and tool
- Hero Hues Unicorn Pigment Ink and fingertip sponge dauber
- Blue “cup” sequin mix
- White Envelope
- Scrap of blue cardstock
- Sheet 8.5” x 11” white cardstock
- Blue Background at 3.75” x 5.25”
- Sentiment cut at 3.75” wide
- 4 Die Cut Snowflakes
- 2 cut at 1.5” wide
- 2 cut at 1.75” wide
- With the embossing folder, run the blue background through the manual die cut machine.
- Using the fingertip dauber, rub some Unicorn ink around the dot impressions—as light or heavy as you like—to make the dot impressions stand out and mimic snow. Set aside to dry.
- With the paper trimmer, cut the white cardstock sheet to 4.25” x 11” to make the card base. Then, cut a 1” strip out of the blue cardstock for the envelope.
- Fold the card in half using the bone folder to make a nice crease.
- With the Broken China Distress Oxide, lightly distress edges of the snowflakes, the sentiment and the background panel.
- Stick the background to the card base with the Glue Dots® Permanent GlueTape, as well as the 'Let It Snow' sentiment.
- Put a Glue Dots® Pop-Up Dot on each snowflake and then add to the card. Then, add a Glue Dots® Micro Dot to each of the sequin and stick to the card
- Add the 1” strip to the envelope and a snowflake to the strip with Glue Dots® Micro Dots.
- Add a sequin to each snowflake’s middle, and a sprinkling around the open space of the card.
- Once the strip is on the envelope, your card is done! The little bit of sequins make it feel snowy, along with the white ink. Happy Holidays!