Trick or Treat BoxPosted on Oct 4, 2023 11:00:00 AM by Samantha Taylor
I love having a few special Trick or Treat items around for my kids, nieces, and nephews. This box holds 9 pieces of candy and is a super cute way to hand out Trick or Treat goodies to your favorite monsters. It also looks great as part of a place setting for a Halloween dinner party.
MADE BY: SAMANTHA TAYLOR | TIME: 30 MINUTES
LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE | SIZE: 3 1/2” cube
- Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Squares
- Glue Dots® Removable Glue Squares
- 10 ½” x 10 ½” sheet of patterned paper
- 9” x 9” sheet of patterned paper
- 5 1/8” x 5 1/8” sheet of card stock
- 9 pieces of candy
- Paper Scorer
- Ephemera, stickers, or other embellishments (optional)
- Take the 10 ½” piece of patterned paper and score it at 3.5” and 7”. Turn it 90 degrees and score it again at 3.5” and 7”. Cut the corner squares out using the scored lines as guidelines.
- Take the 9” x 9” piece of patterned paper and score it at 3” and 6”. Turn it 90 degrees and score it again at 3” and 6”. Cut the corner squares out using the scored lines as guidelines.
- Use Permanent Glue Squares® to attach the center square only of smaller box to the center of the larger box. Leave the flaps independent.
- Attach candy to each of the flaps and the center square with Removable Glue Squares®.
- Take the 5 5/8” x 5 5/8” piece of black card stock and score it at 1” and 4 5/8”. Turn it 90 degrees and score again at 1” and 4 5/8”.
- Fold along your score lines. Use the score lines as a guide to cut a flap on each side of the lid. Fold the small flap under and secure it to the side of the box lid using Permanent Glue Squares®.
- Place lid on box (securing all the box flaps under the lid).
- Embellish with stickers or ephemera.
Notes: While I prefer Glue Squares for this project due to their small size, Permanent and Removable Glue Dots® would also work.
If you’d like to go even bigger, add a 3rd box from a 12” x 12” piece of patterned paper scored at 4” and 8”. You’ll also need to increase the size of the lid to 6 1/8” square, scoring at 1” in on every side.
Share This Post
My name is Samantha Taylor and I have a passion for combining crafting and creativity to beautify life. I live in a small town in rural Iowa with my husband and 2 boys (all 3 of whom you’ll see featured in my projects). I’m a paper crafting fanatic who also loves photography. I enjoy making lay outs, cards, mini albums and home decor items, party decorations, and crafting with my kids. My favorite thing about crafting is getting to connect with so many people all over the world who also love creating pretty things and preserving memories. You can find more from me at www.taylorstamped.blogspot.com. I am so excited to share with you my love for the many uses of Glue Dots®!