Personalize Notebooks by Adding PocketsPosted on Aug 22, 2016 7:03:06 AM by Tammy Santana
Here's a Back-to-School Tip from your friends at Glue Dots: Personalize your school notebooks for each class and add pockets to make it more functional. Personalizing your school notebooks makes it easier to keep track and by adding pockets, your notebooks become a little practical. Creative Maker Tammy Santana shows you how to personalize your notebook and add pockets with a few supplies from the store.
Made by: Tammy Santana
Time: 20 minutes
It is so easy to add personalized organization pockets to the inside of a standard notebook with some decorative paper and Glue Dots.
Here’s what you need:
- Glue Squares®
- Decorative paper
- Self-seal lamination folders
- Paper trimmer
Here’s what you do:
- Measure the inside cover of your notebook making sure to leave a little space on the sides of the pockets so the notebook closes easily.
- To cover the inside of the notebook, trace around the edges, cut out paper and use Glue Squares to adhere to the inside of the cover.
- Cut pockets with a 1 inch difference in height for each one.
- Tear away the backing on the self-seal lamination pockets and lay the lamination pocket down sticky side up.
- Lay the paper pockets face down on the lamination. Replace the backing of the lamination folder to make cutting easier.
- Trim off any excess lamination pocket around the decorative paper.
- After all pockets are laminated on one side, add Glue Squares around the sides and bottom of the back of each pocket.
- Stack the pockets on top of each other on the inside of the cover on the notebook.
That’s it! They are so easy to make and are both cute and functional. Depending on what paper you use this project, it works great for both boys and girls! For my project I used the Modern Metallic stack from DCWV.
Have a great school year!
Share This Post
Hello! My name is Tammy Santana and I am happy to be a part of the Glue Dots Creative Maker Team. My background is in interior design and product development, however I enjoy creating beautiful home decor and paper crafting projects as my form of relaxation. I have always been creative, love to work in many different areas of design, and enjoy working with different mediums and tools. As a product development consultant, I am constantly challenging myself to try new things and reach outside my comfort zone. I feel so blessed to be able to work in an industry that I love so much. I am active on Instagram, YouTube and Twitter and love it when new readers find my lifestyle blog and my planner blog and give feedback on my posts. I live in beautiful Southern California with my husband of 18 years and our creative 11 yr old daughter.