This Father's Day, show dad how sweet he with this adorable 'Best Dad Ever' candy gift! All you need is a few Glue Dots® and some colorful die cuts, and dad’s favorite candy bar. Happy Father’s Day!
MADE BY: AMANDA TIBBITTS | TIME: 45 MINS
LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE | SIZE: 6.25” x 3.25”
- Glue Dots® Mini Dots
- Glue Dots® Micro Dots
- Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape
- Best Dad Ever! Stamp from Hero Arts
- Pink & Main Cobblestone Surface Ink
- Baby wipes or stamp cleaner
- 3 various sized buttons
- Brown thread and needle
- Scrap paper
- 3 “Giant” Hershey Variety Candy Bars
- Background white cut at 6.25” x 3.5”
- Brown Mat cut at 6” x 3.25”
- Banner piece cut at 0.75” x 1”
- 3 Sets of "DAD" Letters at 1.25” tall
- 9 Total letters
- 4 colors, 2 of each
- 3 white D’s
- Once you've got your "DAD" letters cut out, begin gluing and stacking them together with your Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape. Add the adhesive to the top side of the bottom layer, place another layer on top, and repeat until your last letter is stacked, finishing off with a white letter. As you’re stacking, you can offset them, or add them straight on top of each other. Once your letters are all stacked, set them aside.
- Use the Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape to adhere the mat to the background rectangle. Place your stacked "DAD" in the center. Add ink to only the “Best” part of your "Best Dad Ever!" stamp, and stamp the top left corner. Use the baby wipe to clean off the ink, and do the same with the “Ever!” section of the stamp, and stamp the lower right hand corner of the background. If you get ink on the "Dad" part of the stamp, simply use the baby wipe to remove it before stamping.
- With the Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape, add your banner to the newly stamped piece.
- Using some thread, add a few stitches to each of the 3 buttons. Use a Glue Dots® Micro Dot on the back of the button to hold the thread ends.
- Stick the stacked "DAD" to the brown stamped piece. Use the Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape, place one "D" where you want it, then follow with the other "D" and fill in the space between with the "A".
- Run some Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Tape along the back of the entire piece and glue to the top of the candy bar.
- With your Glue Dots® Mini Dots, glue the buttons on the banner piece.
- Wrap some ribbon around the candy bars, tie off with the "DAD" just peeking through, and wish dad a happy Father’s Day!