Seasoning CaddyPosted on Jun 3, 2020 7:30:00 AM by Samantha Taylor
Handmade packaging can make even a store-bought gift seem extra special. Dress up some grill or smoker seasonings with a seasoning caddy to make the perfect gift for Dad (or whoever the grill master is in your life)!
MADE BY: SAMANTHA TAYLOR | TIME: 30 MINS
LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE | SIZE: 4 1/2” x 4 1/2” x 6”
- Glue Dots® Premium Permanent Glue Tape
- Glue Dots® Ultra-Thin Dots
- 2 Pieces of 12” x 12” coordinating patterned paper or card stock
- Oval slot punch
- Scoring tool
- Grilling or smoker seasonings (smaller bottles)
- Take the piece of patterned paper or card stock that you want to serve as the box base. Score it at 3 ¾” and 8 ¼”. Turn the patterned paper 90 degrees and repeat.
- Fold along your score marks to make them deeper. Then, cut every other fold/score line from the outer edge to the inner fold/score line (for a total of 4 cuts). You should now have 4 flaps that you will use later to assemble your box. Set this piece of paper aside.
- Take your second piece of patterned paper or card stock (this piece will serve as your handle), and cut a strip of paper that is 4 ½” x 8 ¼”. Score at 2 ½” along the short edge. Repeat. You should now have two pieces of patterned paper that are the same.
- Use an oval die or punch to cut out a handle space on the top of the paper.
- Use Glue Dots® Premium Permanent Glue Tape to attach the 2 pieces of paper together on the top (large) section only, leaving the 2 ¼” strip of patterned paper below the score line unattached (without any adhesive on it).
- Use Glue Dots® Ultra-Thin Dots to attach the base of the handle to the very center of your paper that you scored and set aside.
- Use Glue Dots® Ultra-Thin Dots to assemble your box by folding the flaps you cut in step 3 inside the uncut flaps.
- Finally, drop the seasoning bottles (or little bottles of hot sauce) inside and give it to the grill master!
If you have a little extra time, customize the caddy by adding the grill master’s name to the outside! Either way, we're sure they'll love it.
Share This Post
My name is Samantha Taylor and I have a passion for combining crafting and creativity to beautify life. I live in a small town in rural Iowa with my husband and 2 boys (all 3 of whom you’ll see featured in my projects). I’m a paper crafting fanatic who also loves photography. I enjoy making lay outs, cards, mini albums and home decor items, party decorations, and crafting with my kids. My favorite thing about crafting is getting to connect with so many people all over the world who also love creating pretty things and preserving memories. You can find more from me at www.taylorstamped.blogspot.com. I am so excited to share with you my love for the many uses of Glue Dots®!