School Locker Decor - Flower DecorationsPosted on Aug 27, 2016 6:27:01 AM by Dawn Barrett
One of the most exciting things to look forward to about going back to school is decorating your locker. Show off your school spirit or your personal style and creativity by making magnetic flower decorations. Use Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive, flower petals, and magnets to make flower decorations for your locker. Make extra flowers for your friends and teachers for the first day of school and start your year off right! Creative Maker shows you what you need and how to make these easy flower decorations for your locker.
Made by: Dawn Mercedes Barrett
Time: 15 Minutes
Size: 3.75 x 3.75 inches…or variable depending on supplies
Decorating your locker in middle school is one of the highlights of registration day. Why settle for the same look everyone else bought at the store? By using Glue Dots® you can customize the colors and bling to suit your personal style. Your friends will squeal with delight when you pop the lock to your locker!!
Here's what you need:
- Ultra-Thin Glue Dots®
- Glue Dots® Advanced Strength Dispenser
- Floral Bunches from the Dollar Tree
- Stickyback Bling from the Eyelet Outlet
- 1 1/4" black cardstock circle (one per flower)
- 2- .5" magnets
- 1 1/4" circle punch
Here's what you do:
- First, gently cut or pull out the plastic piece that holds the flower together.
- Use scissors to trim petals so you have a graduated arrangement of petal layers and adhere the petals together with Ultra-Thin Glue Dots. Tip: Stagger the petals so there are no spaces and to make a fuller flower. You may want to combine 2 flowers to make a fuller flower.
- Embellish with large bling and Advanced Strength adhesive.
- Use Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive to adhere the black cardstock circle onto the back of the flowers.
- Also use Advanced Strength to adhere 2 magnets onto each flower.
This economical, and creative way of making locker decor saves money and creates extras for friends and teachers.
Any format of Ultra-Thin can be used for this project:
Dawn Mercedes Barrett is a designer who enjoys juggling a number of activities. Whether it is creating a card or object for home decor, whipping up a batch of fresh cookies for kids that drift through the house, or learning to enjoy the rigors of strengthening her body through running, she is your go-to crafter for help, ideas, and encouragement. Who says you (or your style) have to grow old and moldy? Dawn’s up beat style and silly comments will keep you smiling and chuckling.